Thursday, June 14, 2007

Waiting Anxiously for Internship

Life is pretty easy these days as I wait for the start of internship, although the more accurate word might be lazy. My days are filled with watching TV and my DVDs. A large portion of time is also devoted to browsing the web, but I get so bored at times that even the almighty internet cannot entertain me (it is these days that I feel I've visited every site on the internet.) In addition, the dog probably isn't used to me being home this much and so she is slightly confused; I spend a good portion of my day pleading with her not to stare at me.

But as the big day looms closer, I am also starting to get a little anxious. If given the choice I would definitely say I'm excited to start internship -- as opposed to the many people who are dreading it -- but I would also like to delay it almost as long as possible. All of a sudden I am realizing what is expected of me in terms of the responsibilities of patient care.

I keep thinking back to my many interns during medical school and wonder if I can handle those sorts of duties and expectations. I had no problem uncovering problems and communicating them to the intern, but attempting to solve those problems was an entirely different matter ... who knows if I'll even know where to begin. My only comforting thought is that thousands of people have gone through this in the past, and so I too should be able to cope.

And maybe that is why I am engrossed daily in such brainless, non-medical activities ... in addition to passing the time, perhaps I am trying to distract myself from various frightening realities about internship. With that said, time to get back to Boomshine. Watch out, it's pretty addictive!

10 comments:

Abir said...

Every writers should have write their own writing fearlessly as it will help them to write as their own mind says to write. http://www.statementofpurposegraduateschool.com/writing-a-statement-of-purpose-for-engineering-management/ you'll be get more ideas about the writing help.

Unknown said...

Anyone who wants to do their career in this sector they had to go with the internship first so that they can know something at first. http://www.endocrinologyfellowship.com/ to find out more helpful tips on writing.

Useful link said...

very nice written this. I love to read this kind of post. so nice this is. You are the best at writing. Very cool. Keep writing like this. You will be the best I hope.

Anonymous said...

It is nicely thinking that you are doing the internship as it could let you have excess to that job sector and even somewhere else. http://www.insideresidency.com/anesthesiology-personal-statement/ that is very helpful for the academic papers writing.

Jared Freeman said...

How many of you are waiting anxiously for internship? I am sure you all guys including me loved this post as it has so many hopeful aspects and I want to apply for internship.

Shuaib Ahmed said...

Your narration skills are very good and I got to learn so many things here. I would like to invite my friends also to visit this site and learn new things. Thanks for sharing this information.

Brown said...

Smoe students do not get the chance to get internship they have desired so they ask great post for some sort of internship.

Batol said...

Your internship decides that what you have to be and where you have to be in your future as here there are not much chances of promotion so change is necessary.

Santa said...

Student deserve the internship of their own field and this homepage helps them to acquire such internships from the best sources of the world.

Christopher Blevins said...

Your current internship makes a decision that will precisely what you ought to be along with wherever you ought to be as part of your potential while below you'll find here http://www.fellowshippersonalstatements.com/writing-a-personal-statement-for-top-migs-fellowship-programs/ almost no probability of campaign consequently adjust is critical.