Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2 Months Until Match Day

I just realized today that Match Day is two months from now. The big day that dictates where I'll work and live for the next few years is no longer in the distant future ... it's just a matter of months now.

Interview season is also winding down, which means the next step in this residency application process is to create and submit the "rank order list", the ranked list of programs you are interested in. (Where did the time go? I swear, I was just a first year med student recently.)

As the big day gets closer and closer, I also get getting lazier and lazier. Fourth year of medical school really is like senior year of high school. I have been on most of my interviews and so I'm tired from all the travelling. I also have lots of free time but can't find motivation to do anything too productive. I am still in Radiology, which is a joke, in terms of time commitment; simultaneously I am trying to study for Step 2 (the next step of the national boards), which I am taking at the end of this month but not having much luck with my attention span. Life is so slow that I watched American Idol last night (making me realize that Seattle is full of freaks ... a shame, since I love that city).

That's it. Not much else going on in this so-called life.

No comments: