Thursday, September 28, 2006

Oh Yeah, Step 2 CS

If it's not one thing, it's another ...

Just when I thought I would have nothing to do the next few weeks, I realized I have the next part of my board exams coming up on Monday. It's the USMLE Step 2 CS, which is a day-long clinical exam where there are 12 encounters with standardized patients. You have to take a focused history, do the appropriate physical exams, tell the patient your impression, and then write a progress note on them. (You also have to drape the patients and wash your hands a lot.)

This exam is a recently added component to the Step 2, originally for foreign medical graduates only, but apparently various people complained and now all of us have to take it.

Apparently this is an easy exam for American students, and my medical school has been teaching and reinforcing these clinical skills non-stop over the past 3 years, so I really have nothing to worry about. However, I still don't like walking into any sort of test unprepared, so I am spending an hour or two per day with a review book familiarizing myself with the type of cases commonly encountered ... nothing intense like the Step 1, though.

Anyway, I never have as much free time as I think I do ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post you have added with us. The significance of guideline is well clear in industrialized states as it avoids an essential exhibition in private and shared headway. Preparing has been explore the details as a way to deal with lessen poverty, abuse.

Joel said...

Yeah I can understand your situation but I can only pray for your exams.There are many online links,you can read here different important required tips.Thank you for writing this blog.

Joel said...

You have added some really good stuff which is normally not available easily on other website.Its so handy stuff.Thank you for sharing this.

Joel said...

Axix deviation is doing very interesting work but I am trying to find its role in http://www.medicalschoolpersonalstatement.net/mha-personal-statement/ projects.Its really good one.Thank you so much for this post.

Christopher Blevins said...

You've got included a number of fantastic goods and that is commonly unavailable quickly in various other http://www.insideresidency.com/. Their consequently convenient goods. Thanks a lot pertaining to expressing this specific.