Sunday, April 23, 2006

Creepy Clothes

Our county's coroner office is located very close to the hospital at which I work (in fact, during my second year of med school we spent one morning there -- a field trip, of sorts -- learning about the work that goes on there and then observing an autopsy; that morning presented some of the horrifying sites I'd ever seen, including a blackened skeleton of a person caught in a burning car.)

Also close to the hospital is a little used-clothing shop that has racks and racks of clothes outside, selling them for very cheap (for example, "12 shirts for $10").

I see this shop everyday as I leave the parking garage, and I finally put two and two together, realizing that this was an odd location for a used clothing store.

Ask anyone, I'm the biggest fan of inexpensive clothing. But this ... this is just a little too creepy for me. I'm not a superstitious guy, but I'd feel like I'd be next if I wore a shirt last worn by a guy shot in the head.

No comments: