Saturday, August 04, 2007

No Longer a Medical Student

While I know that I'm now an intern, I often forget it. In other words I sometimes forget I am no longer a medical student. I am no longer just a tag-along member of the team that needs to feign non-stop enthusiasm and over-eagerness. I am now the intern, and so I'm one of the "real" team members. I can now behave how I want instead of the way that I think will earn me good evaluations.

As a med student, I would only speak when spoken to, cling to the team like glue during rounds, and make sure not to do anything that wasn't directly related to patient care. Now, I speak whenever I want, I walk away from the team at any time during rounds, and say I receive a text message during rounds ... that's right, I whip out my phone right there and reply back.

I realize I probably sound unprofessional -- and perhaps even assholic -- but whatever, I have earned my new position, I am working hard, and so I enjoy taking these little liberties. It's all I have to get me through the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The great blog post you have shared with theirs. Preparing is in like manner incredibly strong in the modification of the overall population as it is essential for the impression of cerebrum inquire about, history, hypothesis, budgetary angles, political. Check this http://www.personalstatementwriters.com/ucla-admissions/ site for more info about this post.

Belkis Scruggs said...

O yes how has maths phobia like me?Lols.I recently subscribed a writing services homepage and these days I am getting most of mathematics articles.Anyways its also interesting.

Belkis Scruggs said...

What I like about blogs is that it gives me information about my website new things and new soundtracks. I haven't heard them but will definitely be going to listen to them now

Linda said...

This is so nice medical post.I read it thoroughly and have bookmarked this website for more exclusive updates.Good to see this post.

Darnell S Dickens said...

A sure just how provides math anxiety just like myself? Lola. Not long ago i activated any creating companies on this page and also today I will be acquiring nearly all of arithmetic posts. Nonetheless the furthermore intriguing.